Saturday 27 March 2010

Front Number Plate

I was pretty busy today doing something else, but the front number plate kept popping into my head so I dragged my lazy ass into the garage and took the wheel off. I also removed that fender from America because I just don't like it. It's intended for a 19" wheel and mine's an 18", so there you go!

While it was stripped down, I took the opportunity to have another play with the brakes and when I refitted everything, I spent quite some time carefully adjusting the brakes to get them to be as good as they possibly could be. I'm happy to report that the brakes are really starting to bed in now and are definately getting better!

The other mudguard had already had an application of Kurust on the underside, followed by a liberal application of Tetrosyl Waxoyl, so it was ready to fit onto the bike. Once it was in place, I drilled the holes and mounted the new Number Plate. I think it looks pretty cool. How about a photo with that period crash helmet?

2 comments:

  1. I think that's one of the rare occasions where a front number plate actually looks good on a bike. Waxoyl do some black stuff called 'underseal with added waxoyl', that would be better for under your mudguard as waxoyl alone just washes off if you get caught in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was concerned about EXACTLY the same thing as soon as I started spraying it on. It seemed quite viscous (or "runny" as we say here in the village of the damned).

    I read the details on the can and it specifically says that it doesn't wash in the rain, so that reassured me. Nevertheless, the next time I remove the wheel, I'll examine it to see how it's faired.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete