Wednesday 10 March 2010

Up & Running!


Tonight I refitted the petrol tank, installed a glass-bowl petrol filter, reconnected everything, fitted some NGK Platinum spark plugs (B8EV), connected the battery and did the static timing again.

Previously, I'd got the timing almost spot on, but it had been bugging me that almost isn't really good enough, so I started from scratch and got it bang on.

Then I replaced the engine oil that I'd dropped last night and fired her up! She idled and revved sweet as a nut! Couldn't keep her running too long because of the noise, but I intend taking her out after work tomorrow. Fingers crossed that the bogging and misfiring has been sorted out with the rebuilding of the carbs and the accurate timing (well, as accurate as static timing can ever be).

No comments:

Post a Comment