Friday 12 March 2010

Fuel Filter Found

In the previous post, I spoke about the fuel-filter being too long for the small gap between the tank and carbs. Well luckily, I've found what might be the perfect solution. It's a very short filter which should fit just fine. They're also very cheap, so I bought a few because you can't clean them - you just replace them. They will filter impurities as small as 150 micron. Only real downside is that they're bright red. Maybe I could paint them before fitting.

2 comments:

  1. Instant throttle response didn't come along until later Tom, remember this is a 1960's design! Perhaps you need to try out a similar machine to see if it's just yours that's lazy or if that's how they all were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete. I'm basing it on previous Honda twins I've owned - they were all quite snappy, although the muted exhausts often made them seem otherwise.

    After speaking to a 450 expert (a US based old-school Honda mechanic of many years), it's very likely to be down to the carbs being out of sync, so I'll take a look at that when I get time.

    Right now though, I'm just so pleased to be out and about on it with it running really well (apart from the brakes which are being looked at tonight).

    Tom

    ReplyDelete