Thursday 18 March 2010

New Mudguard (Fender)

Thought I'd share these pictures of my new mudguard. Well, it's obviously not new, it's about 40 yrs old, but you know what I mean! I got this one from the USA and it looked pretty good in the pictures, but when it arrived, I found it to be slightly tarnished. Don't get me wrong - there's plenty would consider this to be in brilliant condition and would gladly fit it to their bike, but compared to the "as new" condition of the existing mudguard, I rate it a "8".

Condition aside, I am concerned that it sits too high above the tyre. If you look at other photos of my bike further down the Blog, you'll see what I mean. I'm wondering if this particular fender came from a CL450 (the scrambler version of the CB450). Anyway, I'll leave it on for a while and see if it grows on me. I must admit though, I do like the rubber mudflap. Once I've decided which fender's staying, I'll fit my curved front number plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment